Starting with the 2015 version, flowerSoft will allow you to compose your own dunning messages using Word and then send them out using Word’s mail merge.
Here is how:
- Extract the client records that should receive the dunning notice.
- Answer “Yes” to the next question.
- Select the number of days a customer’s account must be past due.
- You will have the option of sending the dunning notices to all the accounts selected or just some of them.
- Normally you would answer “Yes” to the question above but if you answer “No” flowerSoft will give you the opportunity to select the accounts to receive the dunning notices.
- Once you are finished with your selection, flowerSoft will start exporting the selected accounts to a file called pasedue.csv which will be placed in your \FSROOT\EXPORT folder.
- flowerSoft will give you the opportunity to look at the exported accounts before you send the letter out. If you see any accounts that you would like to exclude from the mailing, simply delete them for the pastdue.csv file.
- Once the accounts have been selected, it is time to compose your dunning notice. flowerSoft will provide a sample dunning notice, which you can modify to your liking.
For instructions on how to mail merge your Word documents with the extracted flowerSoft data, refer to Tip #214
This new option will work with options #1 and #2 of the Dunning Notices menu.
However, if you choose option #1 – Dunning Notices (Plain Paper) remember to add your shop’s name and address to the top of the letter.