Mass Mailings (Exporting Your Top Accounts)
Suppose you want to do (or have someone do for you) a mass mailing to your top accounts. How would you go about it?
Here is how…
Go to Manager’s menu – Client Operations
- Select Option #5 – YTD Purchases
- Select Option F – Same as Above but for Any Period (Option E does only 1 year)
- Select a period of time to calculate
- Let flowerSoft run through your accounts and calculate the purchases for the period selected.
When flowerSoft finishes calculating the purchases, it will ask you how many you want to print.
Select the number of records you want to export and print to the screen (unless you want a hard copy).
You must print either to paper or the screen as this is what actually ranks the customers.
- flowerSoft will then ask you if you want to export the accounts. Answer “Y”.
- Tell flowerSoft where you want the exported csv file to be placed and what name to give it.
- flowerSoft will give you a chance to change your mind or correct a mistake.
More than likely, you will not want to print address labels for the top accounts but if you do, answer “Y”
The label size is the standard 1″ x 2 5/8″ , 3-across.
- flowerSoft will first print to the screen (unless told otherwise) the accounts in rank # order.
and export the csv file with the name you gave it to the location you specified.
If you had the accounts already ranked as you wanted, you could do the following…
- Import/Export Menu option of the Manager’s Client Operations menu.
- The select option C – Export Clients to a CSV File.
- Select the customers by rank (option R)
- Tell flowerSoft the highest rank to select…
- Give the csv file a name…
- Verify the file name…
- Then tell flowerSoft where you want the file placed…
- Answer the question about exporting the headings. Accept the default unless you know better…
- flowerSoft will tell you how many records were exported.
(Notice that is a couple less than what you asked for, but now you know why.)
- flowerSoft will then ask you if you want to see the information exported…
- Answer “Y” if you want to see it or send it to someone directly from Excel.
Note that the file is exported in customer name order, not customer rank order.
Probably takes longer to explain this it than to actually do it.