Minimum Order Amounts
I’m almost sure this is a flowerSoft feature that most of you do not use and yet can be so useful when taking an outgoing order.
When you have a customer that wants to send a dozen roses to someone in New York City but does not want to spend more than $50, what do you do?
What do you tell them?
More than likely you will tell them that you cannot send a dozen roses to someone in NYC for that amount of money, and you’d be right.
But what if they ask, “What is the least amount I can spend?”
What do you do then? Take a guess and say $75?
Well, flowerSoft gives you an easy way to find out is the minimum amount you can spend to send a dozen roses to NYC or anywhere else.
Here is how:
1. From the New Orders Menu, select #3, Outgoing Order
2. As soon as flowerSoft puts you in the “Source” field, press F10
3. flowerSoft will then ask you to enter the Recipient’s City and then the Recipient’s State.
4. flowerSoft will then display the minimum amounts found for the different categories, such as Arrangements, Balloons, Blooming Plants, Candy, Fresh Fruit, Roses, Dried/Silks and Food Baskets. Each one will have the minimum amount found for either en FTD or Teleflora florist.
5. You can then select one of the categories and press “V” to view a detailed list of 10 florists offering the lowest amounts.
6. If you choose to, you can select the number in from of one of the 10 florists displayed and flowerSoft will automatically select it as the filling florist if the customer wants to then place the order.
Note: Some of you with the latest version of flowerSoft, will also be able to do this from the “Quick Find” menu, which is accessed by pressing “Q” from the New Orders menu.